By Dave Johnson, Tribune Staff - Friday, April 7, 2017
It was the perfect day for a hot, steaming bowl of soup — and Port Cares’ eighth annual SoupFest delivered with seven flavourful servings.
On the menu at the Italian Hall were red onion and cauliflower cheese soups from Port Colborne High School’s culinary arts program; beef taco tortilla and winter leek and potato soups from Port Cares Reach Out Food Centre; cream of chicken and asparagus from Niagara College Canadian Food and Wine Institute; and beef barley vegetable soup from Lakeshore Catholic High School’s hospitality and tourism program.
Lakeshore, Port High and Niagara College have taken part in the event since its beginning in 2009 at St. Patrick’s Church Hall on Victoria Street.
Port Colborne Mayor John Maloney said the best part of the annual fundraiser for Port Cares, is that the recipes for the various soups are included in a pamphlet handed out at the event.
1. Accept your offer
2. If you are applying to residence please complete your on-line application and your deposit. Varying due dates you MUST get on your student portal and read all emails sent to you.
3. First grad payment due on April 17 to Guidance, pick your package.
4. April 19th OSAP Assembly 8:30 am in the AUD. Then shortly you will be able to apply.
5. Complete destination school and program on yellow sheets posted in Guidance. This is for the grad ceremony.
6. $500 deposit will be required for colleges to hold your spot in your program. You cannot defer to OSAP for payment. Save up now it is usually due in early June.
7. See Ms. Lenahan for application scholarships.